Our staff of physicians and University of Kansas medical students provide the following medical services:
• Primary and preventative health care
• Non-emergency urgent care
• Diabetes care: We provide a medical home to diabetic patients where they can be managed and followed over time. Services include laboratory work-ups, treatment as it becomes available, and education on appropriate diet and nutrition. Patients are referred to Diabetes Night after first being seen by the general clinic.
• Eye exams and referrals: Jaydoc Ophthalmology Night provides eye health evaluations to all of our patients. Our team will give recommendations necessary to help our patients maintain excellent vision. Exams offered include testing for glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic eye disease, cataracts, and more. Referrals are made for patients who require surgeries or more serious follow-ups. In addition, the clinic is also able to provide glasses for patients at low to no cost.
• Gynecologic screening
• Prenatal care
• Physical therapy: Services are provided for orthopedic injuries, neurological conditions, gait and balance deviations and consultations are provided in wellness, fitness, wheelchair fitting and wound care. Diagnoses include lower back pain, neck pain, shoulder, knee and ankle pain, wrist and hand injuries, stroke and cardiopulmonary conditions, metabolic conditions, overuse syndromes and more. Advice is provided for conditioning exercise, edema and wound management.
• Dental care: JayDoc has paired with UMKC School of Dentistry to provide dental care. Patients must be screened and appointed to receive treatment with Dental Night. Dental services provided include emergent care, tooth extractions, and fillings for all ages.
• Prescription medications
• Laboratory tests
• Pathology screening
• Sexually-transmitted infection testing and treatment
• Medical home, specialty care, and imaging referrals
• Free HIV screening and counseling
• Occupational therapy: Comprehensive evaluations and individualized treatment plans are provided for a variety of conditions needing rehabilitation of everyday functions. Services promote independence in daily activities, increased health and well-being, and prevention of health-related complications. Some of the conditions we address include stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, carpal tunnel syndrome, other wrist and hand injuries and more.
• Radiology services: Services, including X-ray and ultrasound, are available by referral. We will work with the patient to schedule an appointment.
In addition to medical care, we also offer the following services:
• Disease-specific and dietary information
• Applications and aid for social services and support programs: click here for more information
• Outreach services and programs for schools and adolescents
• Behavioral health care
• Free exercise and wellness programs: click here for more information
Some of these services (medical and other) are offered during our appointment-only specialty clinics. If you visit the clinic during our regular hours (Mondays and Wednesdays, 5-9 p.m.), we may refer you for an appointment with one of our Tuesday evening specialty clinics.